[GRASSLIST:4806] loss of polygons after import

M.Wegmann m.wegmann at web.de
Wed Oct 23 02:47:09 EDT 2002

Hello,

I have 200 shape files (50x50m), which I need to convert into a raster and then compute the mean of a rastermap behind it.
I imported them into a 1x1 meter resolution mapset - no problem, all polygons are present. But when i do it with my actual working mapset with a resolution of 60x60meter, a few
polygons are lost. Not only unvisible but also the number of existing polygons are less.
I imported these shape files with v.in.shape (all polygons still exist) and converted them afterwards to a raster, with v.to.raster and I also imported them with r.in.shape. Both
functions have the same result, less polygons.

the calculation I want to do is: r.statistics base=former_shape_file cover=my_raster method=average out...... Is there a possibility to use instead of a raster-base the original
vector?

I am thankful for any help, thanks Martin

-------------------------------

Martin Wegmann
Tropical Ecosystem Research Center
PMB 44 Winnellie / Darwin