[GRASSLIST:4846] odbc problem

Miha STAUT mihastaut at hotmail.com
Sun Oct 27 11:11:15 EST 2002

Hi everybody,

Thanks for replying me so numerously. When I executed the "g.select.pg
database=database_name", I got the following message:

GRASS:~ > g.select.pg database=obc
g.select.pg: error while loading shared libraries: libpq.so: cannot open

Even though I checked everywhere, I could not find the missing library on my
computer. The description of the package postgresql-libs-7.2.1-5.i386.rpm
states that it has it. ???

I found other libraries depending to the package in the standard location
(/usr/lib). I solved the problem with duplicating libpq.so.2 and renaming it
to libpq.so. It worked.

Miha Staut