[GRASSLIST:4443] Two questions: 1. r.param.scale; usage and 2. Density a la ArcView Spat.analyst

Lars Forseth larsf at powertech.no
Mon Sep 9 16:32:57 EDT 2002

Hi!

I have just - this weekend - installed GRASS5.0.0; on my SuSE 7.3 box. only
problem was with NVIZ and libtcl.so.0 ; "ln libtcl.so libtcl.so.0" solved
that. Congratulations to the GRASS team, well done :-)

So my questions;
1. In their book "Open source GIS" Neteler&Mitasova on page 114 gives an
example of the usage of r.param.scale. This gives - with Spearfish data
(elevation.dem) - not a very meaningfull result. Sent to a monitor the
resulting datasett gives me a white rectangle covering the region. If I
change the parameter param=7 to 3 I can see some small cells with mostly blue
colors. What is wrong; if anything? (I have checked the syntax and this is
the result every time).

(By the way a good book :-)!)

2. Is there a way you can to a "density" analysis a la ArcView
SpatialAnalyst; with sites (i e point) data? How?

Regards

Lars Forseth