[GRASSLIST:4451] RE:Two questions: 1. r.param.scale; usage and etc... an error got into my last post!!

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Tue Sep 10 03:54:00 EDT 2002

On Mon, Sep 09, 2002 at 10:48:51PM -0700, Eric G. Miller wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 09, 2002 at 10:47:53PM +0200, Lars Forseth wrote:
>
> Don't know about your first question...
>
> > 2. Is there a way you can to a "density" analysis a la ArcView
> > SpatialAnalyst; with sites (i e point) data? How?
>
> Well, I don't see anything that quite does density.
> Perhaps you could file a wishlist bug detailing what such a
> program would do?

Good luck: My colleague has just finished 's.kernel' yesterday.

s.kernel help

Usage:
 s.kernel sitefile=name[,name,...] output=name [stddeviation=value]
   [resolution=value]

Parameters:
      sitefile   input training sites files
        output   output raster map
  stddeviation   stddeviation in map units
                 default: 1
    resolution   resolution of the output raster map
                 default: 25.0

After finalizing the tests, we'll publish that module. More today or
in a few days (remind me if I forget it - the GRASS conference starts
tomorrow...)

Cheers

 Markus Neteler