[GRASSLIST:4462] d.mon -> X Error ->monitor fails to open

John Gillette JGillette at rfmd.com
Wed Sep 11 14:54:16 EDT 2002

Thanks Glynn.

I was just in the middle of typing up the fact that I discovered
the "problem".  At some time in the past I had added the variable
"setenv XDRIVER_TRUECOLOR TRUE" to my .cshrc file.
I believe I did this to try to get more colors for my
display.  I was using pre3.

Setting it to FALSE corrects the problem.  (I will
remove it later.)

Based on the output of xdpyinfo (file included in post
[GRASSLIST:4458]) which includes, in part, the information
shown at the bottom of this page,
shouldn't I be able to run in true color?  Doesn't
xdpyinfo show me the modes currently available to me?

Thank you,
John

 visual:
    visual id:    0x29
    class:    TrueColor
    depth:    24 planes
    available colormap entries:    256 per subfield
    red, green, blue masks:    0xff, 0xff00, 0xff0000
    significant bits in color specification:    8 bits
  visual:
    visual id:    0x2c
    class:    TrueColor
    depth:    24 planes
    available colormap entries:    256 per subfield
    red, green, blue masks:    0xff, 0xff00, 0xff0000
    significant bits in color specification:    8 bits
  visual:
    visual id:    0x2d