[GRASSLIST:4464] Re: d.mon -> X Error ->monitor fails to open

Glynn Clements glynn.clements at virgin.net
Wed Sep 11 16:07:59 EDT 2002

John Gillette wrote:

> I was just in the middle of typing up the fact that I discovered
> the "problem".  At some time in the past I had added the variable
> "setenv XDRIVER_TRUECOLOR TRUE" to my .cshrc file.
> I believe I did this to try to get more colors for my
> display.  I was using pre3.
>
> Setting it to FALSE corrects the problem.  (I will
> remove it later.)
>
> Based on the output of xdpyinfo (file included in post
> [GRASSLIST:4458]) which includes, in part, the information
> shown at the bottom of this page,
> shouldn't I be able to run in true color?

Probably. The current version of XDRIVER should work with *any*
visual. However, I can't rule out the possibility that other factors
could prevent certain visuals from being used.

I'm not sure why you're getting the BadMatch error. Unfortunately, I'm
not really in a position to find out, either. I don't have access to
any Sun systems; or, indeed, any system which supports multiple bit
depths on a single screen.