[GRASSLIST:4492] aggregate a higher resolution to a lower resolution

Ulrich Leopold uleopold at science.uva.nl
Fri Sep 13 06:15:30 EDT 2002

Dear list,

I would like to aggregate my map from a 250x250m resolution to a 500x500m
resolution. If I use resample the nearest neighbor is used. Is there a
possibility to just average 4 250x250m blocks (like overlay a grid and
average) instead of nearest neigbor? So that I derive a mean and a variance?

Ulrich

Ulrich Leopold MSc.

Department of Physical Geography
Institute for Biodiversity and Ecosystem Dynamics
Faculty of Science
University of Amsterdam
Nieuwe Achtergracht 166
NL-1018WV Amsterdam

Phone: +31-(0)20-525-7456 (7451 Secretary)
Fax:   +31-(0)20-525-7431
Email: uleopold at science.uva.nl
http://www.frw.uva.nl/soil/Welcome.html

Check us also out at:
Netherlands Centre for Geo-ecological Research
http://www.frw.uva.nl/icg