[GRASSLIST:4504] Re: more commands with source code

Roger Bivand Roger.Bivand at nhh.no
Mon Sep 16 04:51:27 EDT 2002

On Mon, 16 Sep 2002, Martin Wegmann wrote:

> I am using 5.0 pre3 on LINUX SuSE 8.0, the respond of the bash (if you
> mean that with output) is either nothing (only a > appears and nothing
> happened and i have to restart GRASS) or "you confused me". I also
> doesn't appear in the manual pages, the result is also that i confused
> the program.

Good - so r.mapcalc is installed! Now copy and paste exactly what you
input and what the program outputs. Are you using it interactively - then
you get the ">" prompt, or as:

r.mapcalc "newmap = map1 + map2"

with the calculation enclosed in quotes? It replies "you confused me" when
the input string cannot be understood - also possibly when the map name
includes restricted characters (like +, -, *, etc). The way you write the
calculation matters!

Roger

--
Roger Bivand
e-mail: Roger.Bivand at nhh.no
and: Department of Geography and Regional Development, University of
Gdansk, al. Mar. J. Pilsudskiego 46, PL-81 378 Gdynia, Poland.