[GRASSLIST:4515] Re: GRASS and Urban Planning

Russell Nelson nelson at crynwr.com
Mon Sep 16 15:23:56 EDT 2002

On Monday 16 September 2002 21:31, Michael Coughlan wrote:
 > I am new to GIS, and am interested in reapplying my IT experience to Urban
 > Planning. I have GRASS running with Xwin, tcl, and am going through the
 > sawfish DB, and the manual; but I was disappointed to read that GRASS has
 > little support for Urban parameters such as traffic, sewage, trains, etc.
 >
 > Is there anyone out there who is using GRASS for Urban settings? If so, are
 > these parameters fudged or just ignored?

Ahhhh, I see the problem.  You want to use a different package, the
PAVEMENT system.  GRASS is just for rural/suburban GIS.  (If today was
April 1st, I'd leave off the smiley :).

--
-russ nelson              http://russnelson.com |
Crynwr sells support for free software  | PGPok | businesses persuade