[GRASSLIST:4523] Re: filter out extrem values

Gordon Keith gordon.keith at csiro.au
Wed Sep 18 00:43:55 EDT 2002

On Tue, 17 Sep 2002 16:24, Gordon Keith wrote:

> I now have a version of s.univar that has an option to generate a
> site file with one site for each cell in the current region (as per
> s.windavg) each site having 13 attributes (from univar): mean, count,
> standard deviation, coefficient of variation, skewness, kurtosis,
> mean of squares, mean of absolute values, minimum, first quartile,
> median, third quartile and maximum.

> It's extremely slow.

It's now not too bad.

It took 16 minutes and 370MB RAM to generate statistics for a file with
16,167,136 sites in a 1667 x 2846 region and writing a file with
1,861,651 sites on a 1.7GHz processor.

--

Gordon Keith
Programmer/Data Analyst

"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers"
- Thomas Watson, Chairman of IBM, 1943