[GRASSLIST:4508] Importing E00 files

Kristian Skrede Gleditsch kgleditsch at ucsd.edu
Mon Sep 16 10:34:53 EDT 2002

Dear all,

I am trying to import a set of E00 files from ArcInfo into Grass,
and I am having some problems.

1) Are E00 files georeferenced? Should I set up a LOCATION in a
non-georeferenced coordinate system, or is there a way to use
information in the E00 file?

2) m.in.e00 seems to import the file. However, I am unable to
display the resulting vector map afterwards. Do I need to convert
the vector map to raster or something else to display the map?

I would be grateful for any help someone might have on this.

Regards,
KSG

Kristian Skrede Gleditsch, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor
Department of Political Science
University of California, San Diego
La Jolla, CA 92093-0521, USA
Tel: (858) 822 0535, Fax: (858) 534 7130
Email: kgleditsch at ucsd.edu  http://weber.ucsd.edu/~kgledits/