[GRASSLIST:5975] Re: Postgress and GRASS CD

Glynn Clements glynn.clements at virgin.net
Tue Apr 8 11:28:24 EDT 2003

cheg01 at attbi.com wrote:

> Are you aware that you have to use the "-i" option on postmaster to use it
> with Grass?
>
> >From "man postmaster""
>
> -i     This enables TCP/IP or Internet domain socket  com-
>         munication.   Without  this option, only local Unix
>         domain socket communication is possible.
>
> Despite what the man says, I have to use this option on the local host or
> it will not connect.

The GRASS PostgreSQL programs shouldn't require postmaster to use the
"-i" switch (they work for me without it). However, ensure that you
*don't* have an entry for PG_HOST in the ~/.grassrc5 file.

AFAICT, once you specify a host, you can't subsequently specify a
local connection (i.e. via a Unix domain socket) other than by
manually removing the PG_HOST setting from ~/.grassrc5.