[GRASSLIST:6103] Problem with s.delaunay

Juan Mari jmcm at euskalnet.net
Tue Apr 22 05:56:14 EDT 2003

  Hello.

I am using  GRASS 5.0.1 and I am trying to do a TIN model from a sites
file with the 's.delaunay' command.

If the sites file is a 2D point file the process is fine; but if the
sites file is a 3D point file, the process cannot be done and appears a
'Memory fault' error message (as shown below).

GRASS-GRID > s.delaunay -l sites=pru.punz vect=pru.tinz
Storing triangle number as category label
Writing vector cats
Memory fault

Why do this error happen? Is there any problem with 's.delaunay' and 3D
files? And if this is so, how could do a TIN model from a 3D point file
(with x,y,z coordinates) and without losing the 'Z' coordinate?

I would be glad if anyone could help me.

Regards.

Juan Mari Celihueta.