[GRASSLIST:6101] (no subject)

Nuzhet Dalfes dalfes at itu.edu.tr
Tue Apr 22 01:01:25 EDT 2003

Dear GRASS users,

We are trying to select a GIS software to built a GIS integrating our
archaeological site inventory database (see if interested
www.tayproject.org) and geographical information (DEM, roads, actual
settlements etc.). We have a very limited budget and I, personally,
strongly prefer working with UNIX/Linux systems. We would like to
web-publish our GIS as much as possible; i.e. make it
web-interrogatable without requiring any complicated plug-in installation.

GRASS looks like the choice to me as a GIS, but I am wondering if
there are any 'not very complicated' ways to create web interfaces for
end-users. Also, how solid is the relational database connection, for
we would like to, if possible, to keep managing our database with
Filemaker Pro...

Any suggestions, ideas, wisdom will be most appreciated.

Nuzhet Dalfes
Istanbul Technical University
and
TAY Project