[GRASSLIST:6120] Re: s.in.ascii debug

Schuyler Fishman schuylerfish at earthlink.net
Wed Apr 23 15:27:45 EDT 2003

Well i tried reinstalling grass, the file is only one site - so it
can't really be taking up a lot of space, and I also tried to add the
site interactively typing in the x,y coordinates, same message. There
are not a lot of other app draining memory because nothing else is
running.

How would you proceed - I need a site coverage with one point on it.

Schuyler

On Wednesday, April 23, 2003, at 12:13  PM, Andrew wrote:

> perhaps a file size vs memory problem? Maybe lots of other processes
> sucking up memory or swap space" . Maybe a corrupt binary on the
> module or a bad library?
>

> Schuyler Fishman wrote:
>> Could anyone tell me what this error message might mean and how to
>> debug it? I am simply trying to create a site marker from utm
>> coordinates in a utm projected location using an ascii file of the
>> format
>>  x y name
>> *** malloc[808]: error for object 0x357b: Pointer being reallocated
>> was not allocated
>> ERROR: G_realloc: out of memory
>> Schuyler Fishman
>> Schuylerfish at earthlink.net