[GRASSLIST:6144] using Linux 9/GRASS 5.0 having problem with -tcltk option

Greg Sepesi sepesi at eduneer.com
Sun Apr 27 12:46:51 EDT 2003

Greetings,

When I attempt to run

	$ grass5 -tcltk

the response is

	WARNING: The wish command (/home/gjs/ActiveTcl/bin/wish) was not found!
	Please check your GRASS_WISH environment variable.

When I check the GRASS_WISH environment variable with

	GRASS: ~> g.gisenv GRASS_WISH

the response is

	/home/gjs/ActiveTcl/bin/wish

which seems okay.  Furthermore when I copy and execute that string at a
bash prompt, the wish widget appears.

I'm a new GRASS user and am hoping to soon be a source contributor.  Any
suggestions on how I should get the -tcltk option working?  It appears
to me that the wish and tclsh binaries are installed correctly and the
GRASS_WISH and GRASS_TCLSH environment variables are defined correctly.
Maybe the "Please check your GRASS_WISH environment variable" suggestion
is a red herring?

Regards,
Greg