[GRASSLIST:906] Re: error compiling snapshot

Glynn Clements glynn.clements at virgin.net
Tue Aug 5 18:23:17 EDT 2003

Carlos Henrique Grohmann de Carvalho wrote:

> I trying to compile the latest snapshot, since I want to use s.cellstats, but
> ./configure stops with a error msg:
>
> checking whether to use GD... yes
> checking for location of GD includes...
> checking for gd.h... no
> configure: error: *** Unable to locate GD includes.
>

> Any help?

The GD library is required for the PNG driver.

You can either obtain the GD library from:

	http://www.boutell.com/gd/

or use "configure --without-gd ..." to disable the check.

A similar procedure applies to the other optional dependencies; i.e.
either obtain the library (URLs are given in the REQUIREMENTS.html
file) or use the appropriate --without-??? switch to disable its use
(use "configure --help" to obtain a list of switches).

Each optional library is only used for a few (typically non-essential)
modules.