[GRASSLIST:916] Re: Handling millions of points in GRASS...

Sandro Klippel sandro.klippel at talha-mar.com.br
Wed Aug 6 15:05:02 EDT 2003

David,

On grass 5.0 do you not need postgis, only the postgres is necessary.
The standard postgresql have some geometry types already (point,
polygon, line,..) and operators for it (inside, overlap,..). Conversion
between pair of floats (x, y) and point type is easy. With the grass
module 'd.site.pg' you can load the points specified by a sql query and
then interpolate it. Areas and lines can be loaded from grass to
postgres by the module 'v.to.pg' and then used in sql queries.

I think that grass-odbc-mysql does not have those features.

Sandro.

--
Sandro Klippel <sandro.klippel at talha-mar.com.br>

talha-mar projetos ambientais