[GRASSLIST:984] Re: gdal lib installation problem

Andrey Kiselev dron at ak4719.spb.edu
Thu Aug 21 07:28:01 EDT 2003

Radim,

On Thu, Aug 21, 2003 at 12:23:05PM +0200, Radim Blazek wrote:
> > For those building GRASS binary distributions I would encourage you to
> > build in a broad a set of optional GDAL formats as possible, including
> > stuff like hdf, jpeg2000 (via jasper) and so forth.
>
> Is it "JasPer Software License" GPL compatible?

It is BSD-like license with the special clause to protect authors against
patent holders. HDF library has BSD-like license too.

GIF, TIFF, PNG, JPEG libraries --- all has BSD-like licenses.

> Which GDAL/OGR drivers are GPL compatible/incompatible?

I think the only problematic drivers are the ones, based on non-free
third-party libraries. These are ECW, JPEG2000 (via Kakadu), MrSID.

					Best regards,
					Andrey

--
Andrey V. Kiselev
Home phone:  +7 812 5274898  ICQ# 26871517