[GRASSLIST:991] r.surf.idw?

Ian Macmillan ian_macmillan at umail.ucsb.edu
Thu Aug 21 21:05:48 EDT 2003

Hi all, I have a 10m DEM that I would like to turn into a 1m DEM.  However I
don't want to have a bunch of 10m wide blocks.  Ideally I would like to smooth
the data (I realize that the data will be fake).  I tried r.surf.rast, with
various average distances (12, 100, 1000), but nothing ever changed.  When I
look at the new DEMs, the 10m wide pixel is still there, just as a 10 x 10
matrix of cells all with the same value.  I made sure that my region is set at
1m, and my raster is sampled at 1m.  It seems that there is an easy way to do
this, any suggestions?  I am running GRASS 5 (Open OSX) on Mac 10.2.6.

Thanks,
Ian