[GRASSLIST:1004] Re: importing coast line data

Ambili Sudhi ambilisudhi at yahoo.co.in
Fri Aug 22 22:29:06 EDT 2003

Hi Amit,

well i had imported some coastline data into GRASS
sometime ago so might be the same procedure cld be of
help to u its as follows:
1st create a vector ascii file  and save it in the
dig_ascii folder of your location (for format of vec
asc chk the help file for v.import).
then run v.import with option 2 to import the  vector
ascii file .
nw try and display the coasline using d.vect.

regards,
Ambili.