[GRASSLIST:1005] i.points (to use vector map as reference)

Hayashi Shin-ichiro forest at bres.tsukuba.ac.jp
Sat Aug 23 06:47:42 EDT 2003

Dear GRASS Users

I want to do rectification between Tiff image (aerial photographs) and DEM data.

I want to use vector map (contour map) as reference to set GCP.
but "i.group" command can't have vector map as member.
so I can't use "i.points" command to set GCP.

My question is
* I want to use vector map (contour map) as reference to set GCP.
1) When I want to use "i.points" comannd, Can I use vector map as reference to set GCP ?

2) When I want to use vector map as refernse to set GCP, What way is there on GRASS?

I tried to use "v.to.rast" to convert contour map to raster map.
But that raster map can't use to set GCP, because glid of that raster map is coarse.

Please give me your suggestion.
Thank you in advance.
Sincerely yours.

----
Hayashi Shin'ichiro
mail:forest at bres.tsukuba.ac.jp URL:http://ryuiki.agbi.tsukuba.ac.jp/~forest
Watershed Management Lab., University of TSUKUBA