[GRASSLIST:1009] Re: gdal lib installation problem

Andrey Kiselev dron at ak4719.spb.edu
Sun Aug 24 06:42:06 EDT 2003

Bernhard,

On Fri, Aug 22, 2003 at 03:44:43PM +0200, Bernhard Reiter wrote:
> The GNU GPL license is a good license for GRASS because it already
> requires us to check this avoiding traps that have hit GRASS hard
> several times in its history.
>
> For GDAL it might be interesting to support djvu as compared to dsdk.
> http://djvu.sourceforge.net/licensing.html

But whether this license terms suitable for GDAL? GDAL is distributed
under MIT/X license, djvulibre is GPLed. And if GDAL will use djvulibre
it should be distributed under GPL too
(http://www.fsf.org/licenses/gpl-faq.html#IfLibraryIsGPL).

Or I'm just misinterpret something in this problem?

					Andrey

--
Andrey V. Kiselev
Home phone:  +7 812 5274898  ICQ# 26871517