[GRASSLIST:1065] Re: gdal problem

Paul Kelly paul-grass at stjohnspoint.co.uk
Thu Aug 28 10:33:27 EDT 2003

On Thu, 28 Aug 2003, Keith J. Forbes wrote:

> Frank: Updated as you suggested (gdal-cvs-030827.tar.gz) without problems.
> Unfortunately, situation remains the same (as detailed in earlier email,
> gdalinfo works on files  as long as I am not in the project directory and on
> project directory itself; however, r.in.gdal continues to give a segmentation
> error as before

If you compiled GRASS from source, try re-compiling using the --with-gdal
option to the configure script. This will mean GRASS will compile
r.in.gdal directly against the GDAL library (whatever that means :) ) and
not try to dynamically load GDAL. This will indicate whether that might be
the source of the bug.

r.in.gdal used to give me segmentation faults sometimes when importing
GeoTIFF images, but since I started using the --with-gdal switch it hasn't
happened.

Paul Kelly