[GRASSLIST:1075] JUMP - DWG OPEN TOOLS?

Guillermo Felipe gfmb at tutopia.com
Sat Aug 30 17:30:28 EDT 2003

It´s always interesting to know about other open gis tools...

www.vividsolutions.com/jump

I´m working in a project to display geographic data (generally in dwg or
shp) and sustainable development indicators in several cities, so this
program is useful for our project...We need to provide open source tools to
the cities in order to prepare gis data for MapSever and Postgis. But we
have the eternal problem, most of the information is in autocad format and
most of the municipal office´s don´t have gis or cad software.

We are looking for open tools to transform the data (dwg to shape), any
sugestion is welcome. (Most of this people is not familiar with linux and
open source)

Guillermo Martínez

Ministry of Environment - Colnodo
Bogotá, Colombia