[GRASSLIST:1930] Re: importing e00 files in 5.7

Christopher Fonnesbeck chris at fonnesbeck.org
Mon Dec 1 18:54:20 EST 2003

On Dec 1, 2003, at 8:31 AM, Markus Neteler wrote:

> On Sat, Nov 29, 2003 at 01:11:31PM -0500, Christopher Fonnesbeck wrote:
>> Quick question: how do you import e00 data into a GRASS 5.7 database?
>> dont see m.in.e00 in the list of commands anymore.
>
> You could try this
> AVCIMPORT - Version 1.2.0 (2000-10-17)
>      Convert an Arc/Info vector coverage from E00 to binary.
>      Copyright (c) 1999, 2000, Daniel Morissette (danmo at videotron.ca)
>      AVCE00 web page:  http://pages.infinit.net/danmo/e00/
>
> Usage: avcimport <input_file> <coverage_path> [<coverage_type>]
>
>   <coverage_type> is either 'V7' (the default) to write a Unix V7.x
> coverage,
>                   or 'PC' to write a PC/Arc coverage.
>

> and then 'v.in.ogr'.
>
> Markus

Thanks for the tip, but avcimport isnt very useful for coverages that
arent very small. I get a memory allocation error with any of my .e00
files. I think its a bit odd for m.in.e00 to be dropped from GRASS --
almost every GIS coverage I've ever received from anyone is in this
format. I guess I will be sticking with 5.0.2 for the time being.

Cheers,
C.
--
Christopher J. Fonnesbeck ( c h r i s @ f o n n e s b e c k . o r g )
Georgia Cooperative Fish & Wildlife Research Unit, University of Georgia