[GRASSLIST:1961] (DY)LD_LIBRARY_PATH

Christopher Fonnesbeck chris at fonnesbeck.org
Fri Dec 5 09:35:58 EST 2003

Can anyone tell me how to change LD_LIBRARY_PATH to DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH
globally? Even though the configuration file says:

LD_LIBRARY_PATH_VAR="DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH"

under the definition for Darwin-*, I still get the following:

cd OBJ.powerpc-apple-darwin7.0.0;
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=:/usr/local/src/grass57_exp_2003_11_22/dist.powerpc-
apple-darwin7.0.0/lib ./test
ERROR in read/write portable short, byte_order = 0
   Written: -32768
   Read   : 0
ERROR in read/write portable short, byte_order = 0
   Written: -12345
   Read   : -57
ERROR in read/write portable short, byte_order = 0
   Written: 12345
   Read   : 57
ERROR in read/write portable short, byte_order = 0
   Written: 32767
   Read   : -1
make[3]: *** [OBJ.powerpc-apple-darwin7.0.0/test] Error 1
make[2]: *** [subdirs] Error 1
make[1]: *** [subdirs] Error 1
make: *** [default] Error 1

notice that its NOT using DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH as it is supposed to.

Thanks,
--
Christopher J. Fonnesbeck ( c h r i s @ f o n n e s b e c k . o r g )
Georgia Cooperative Fish & Wildlife Research Unit, University of Georgia