[GRASSLIST:1965] grass interface for RUSTIC model

Ranjan Muttiah muttiah at brc.tamus.edu
Fri Dec 5 11:32:11 EST 2003

I have some dated grass (v4.3) code that I wrote on the solaris OS
for an interface to read input and generate output maps for the
EPA-RUSTIC model (which is a linked model containing PRZM (root zone)-
VADOFT (unsat. zone)-SAFTMOD (ground water) from about 12 years ago
that is collecting dust.  I haven't ported it to the newer grass
versions since then, nor do I know whether the rustic model is of
value anymore.

I see three options:
1). Do nothing.
2). Tar/zip the files and give it to someone else (someone here
on the list) who has the time and interest to compile it and clean it up for
the newer versions of grass.
or 3). If there's sufficient interest, I can spend the time (albeit
this may take more than a year) to clean it up for grass.

I would prefer option #2), so let me know if you are interested in
carrying the interface forward. I believe rustic is still a public
domain software supported by the EPA-CEAMS.

*  Ranjan S. Muttiah
*  Associate Professor
*  Texas Agricultural Experiment Station
*  Blackland Res. & Ext. Ctr.
*  808 East Blackland Road
*  Temple, Texas 76502
*  Tel: 254-774-6103