[GRASSLIST:1972] Re: v.in.shape dumps core (FreeBSD)

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 7 16:27:23 EST 2003

> I am running Grass5.0.0 on FreeBSD 4.9 on an IBM Thinkpad 600X with
> 450MHz and 256MB ram. I have a tiny shape file generated with ESRI
> ArcGIS. The file is about 90k in size.
>
> The data is Florida East zone 901 grs80. When I try to import this
> data using v.in.shape, it dumps core.

In general, there have been many many bug fixes since GRASS 5.0.0 -- you
may want to update to 5.0.3 to get most of the latest ones. I think the
big v.in.shape re-write was just before 5.0.0, so you may have more luck
trying to import with GRASS 5.7's v.in.ogr (note: experimental code,
GDAL req'd). There has been another bugfix since 5.0.3 was released:
when using a floating point attribute from the DBF table for the label.
You can try this fix by building the very latest GRASS 5.3-cvs (ie I
only committed it last week so you'll need the december 6th snapshot).

What was the command line input and subsequent error (before the dump)?

Trying to import into a F.E.Z. 901 location, right?

good luck,
Hamish