[GRASSLIST:1973] Re: raster display problem in 5.7

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 7 17:20:40 EST 2003

> >> I've been running into a problem displaying raster maps in my 5.7
> >> CVS build. When I start a monitor, and attempt to display a raster
> >> map, the monitor remains white.
> It gives me the following error:
>
> can't read "opttype(1)": no such variable
> can't read "opttype(1)": no such variable
>      while executing
> "if { $opttype($i) == "multi" } {
>              set domulti 0
>              for {set j 1} {$j <= $nmulti($i) } {incr j} {
>                  if { $optval($i,$..."
>      (procedure "mkcmd" line 5)
>      invoked from within
> "mkcmd "
>      invoked from within
> ".run invoke"
>      ("uplevel" body line 1)
>      invoked from within
> "uplevel #0 [list $w invoke]"
>      (procedure "tk::ButtonUp" line 23)
>      invoked from within
> "tk::ButtonUp .run"
>      (command bound to event)

Ok, that'll probably be the Tcl/Tk problem Glynn was speaking of then.
There is a Mac version and a UNIX/X11 version, GRASS needs to be built
and used with the UNIX/X11 version (usually from FINK). If you are using
Markus' binaries you can be pretty confident that it was built with the
X11 version, but you still need it installed on your system to use at
run time. The Tcl/Tk driver program is called 'wish' and as Glynn noted
you can force GRASS to use a non-default version by installing to
somewhere and then setting the enviromental variable GRASS_WISH in your
terminal before starting GRASS.

Is this breaking from the command line or from d.m? Does:
d.rast raster_name
by itself on the command line work?

hope it helps, sounds like you are 99% of the way there..
Hamish