[GRASSLIST:1988] Re: PNG driver and zooming

Glynn Clements glynn.clements at virgin.net
Mon Dec 8 11:38:19 EST 2003

Riaz Randeree wrote:

> I use the PNG driver to generate PNG images.
> How can I zoom non-interactively (i.e. without a mouse) ?
> I want to display some raster and vector maps and then zoom (or pan) into
> the result,
> and end up with a PNG file.

Change the region with g.region then re-draw the maps. If you want to
zoom whatever happens to be on the active monitor, you can run d.save,
modify the g.region command in the output, then execute the result.

> Also is it possible to store maps of the different resolutions within GRASS,
> and if you want to zoom in, to switch to the map of greater resolution.

Not automatically; you would have to explicitly select the map based
upon the current region.