[GRASSLIST:2044] Re: mail and i.rectify

William K woklist at charter.net
Fri Dec 12 16:02:06 EST 2003

There is an invisible startup file in your home folder called
.grassrc5.  You can disable the mail thing by adding a line to it:

GRASS_STDERR: 1

BBEdit can open invisible files, otherwise use something like
TinkerTool to temporarily make it visible and use another text editor
(you may need to remove the leading dot to edit it, and make sure you
use Plain Text, UNIX line endings).  Argh, this is getting messy for
trying to do this with non-command-line stuff.  If you know how to use
one of the CLI editors (I don't), that would be another method.  Maybe
someone else knows a simple CLI command to add a line to a file.

I think you also need to have a log file present, so in the Terminal
type:

touch ~/GIS_ERROR_LOG

Now, errors and status will not be mailed - status should go to the
terminal, while errors go to GIS_ERROR_LOG.

On Dec 12, 2003, at 1:29 PM, Ian Macmillan wrote:

> Hi all, this is only sort of a grass question, but I am hoping that
> someone will
> know the answer.  I am using i.rectify a lot lately, and when it is
> running, it
> says that it will notify me by mail when it is finished.  I am using
> mac os x
> and am not a UNIX whiz.  I was wondering how to actually find out
> where that
> mail message goes, and how to go about checking it.  The only way I
> know now if
> i.rectify finishes is to use my process viewer, and see when the
> process
> i.rectify is no longer running.  Anybody out there know how this
> works?  Thanks
> a lot.
>
> -i
>
> PS  I love GRASS, thanks to all who make it work.

-----
William Kyngesburye <kyngchaos at charter.net>
http://webpages.charter.net/kyngchaos/

First Pogril: Why is life like sticking your head in a bucket filled
with hyena offal?
Second Pogril: I don't know.  Why IS life like sticking your head in a
bucket filled with hyena offal?
First Pogril: I don't know either.  Wretched, isn't it?

-HitchHiker's Guide to the Galaxy