[GRASSLIST:2068] Re: [GRASS5] Mac OSX binary install directions

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 16 19:33:03 EST 2003

On Tue, 16 Dec 2003 10:11:53 -0500
"Christopher Fonnesbeck" <chris at fonnesbeck.org> wrote:

> I'm using AquaR version 1.8 from within both versions 5.0.2 (OpenOSX)
> and 5.7 (CVS). It works perfectly simply by calling /usr/local/bin/R
> from within GRASS, although when I try and run system() commands from
> within GRASS 5.7 I get iconv library version mismatch errors:
>
>  > system("g.list rast")
> dyld: g.list version mismatch for library:
> /usr/local/lib/libiconv.2.dylib (compatibility version of user: 5.0.0
> greater than library's version: 4.0.0)

Maybe it is better to use Fink's r-base package then, where all the
libraries should match.

I seem to remember GRASS's ./configure script failing to find iconv(),
and returning a warning, but the config checks continuing anyway. Later
I saw Fink had installed the iconv package along the way somewhere &
forgot about it. Maybe it still happens? (can someone check please?)

Hamish