[GRASSLIST:2951] help at startup

hoover hserna8 at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 3 01:12:53 EST 2003

Hello!. My name is Hoover Serna, i'm from Colombia and i'm an user of grass 4.2.1.

I download grass 5.0.3 and i'm tried to install in my Linux system (Red Hat 7.0, kernel 2.2.16-22).

I have a problem when start the program, this let me input the Location, Mapset and Database, but when i press Esc Enter the following message appears:

"/usr/local/grass5/etc/Init.sh : GISDBASE: parameter null or not set"

And exit of the program. What is the cause?.

Thank you for the attention and for your help.
my e-mail is hserna8 at hotmail.com

thank you again.