[GRASSLIST:5435] Compiling space

Bill Sneed bsneed at midcoast.com
Sat Feb 1 16:13:06 EST 2003

Greetings all:

I have a laptop that I need GRASS5.0  on but it's a bit short of hard
drive space.

I have been able to use NFS and another much larger PC to run
"configure" and
  create a Makefile but I haven't figured out how to get "make" to run
via NFS....
do the actual building on the big machine and then do the install onto
the laptop.

If that's not possible is it possible to have the compiler run so that
doesn't use so
much space? I realize this may extend the time involved.

Thanks for any suggestions.

.....bill sneed....
--
The means of defence[sic] against foreign danger,
have been always the instruments of tyranny at home.