[GRASSLIST:5459] r.watershed

Gustavo Alcides Concheiro Perez gacp at olivos.unl.edu
Mon Feb 3 21:32:19 EST 2003

Hi all!

I am having terrible problems with r.watersheds.  In short: I can't
get it to work!  I am trying to estimate the confluence of present-day
basins if the sea level was lower.  I'm using the ETOPO2 DEM
restricted to Panamá.  The program seems to run, until it reaches step
6 (``closing maps'').  Then it goes on forever---I've let it run for
days, and always had to abort it.  The machine is not so fast: PIII
running Linux.

Is there any way to fix this?  Is there any parameter which value
would cause this?  How long is the program supposed to run?  Can it
really be ``closing maps'' for 10 days?

TIA.

-Gustavo

--