[GRASSLIST:5470] OS X Installation Help

Michael Mio mikemio at surfcity.net
Wed Feb 5 01:17:21 EST 2003

Hi everyone. I'm sure this question has been asked numerous times, but
I have not been able to find any help on it. Sorry if this is
repetitive.

I am having a hard time installing Grass 5.0 for OS X v 10.2.3 using
Apple's X11. I downloaded the precompiled binary and unzipped it and
installed it. When I type grass5 I  get a no file or directory can be
found error. Once I have ran the install script what do I need to do
XWindows version besides Apple's X11?

The directions online say

"You will likely need to add X11R6/bin to your search path and set your
DISPLAY variable if you are using the Terminal application."

How do I do that?

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks for your time.

Michael Mio