[GRASSLIST:5488] Can't resize monitor.

Matt Doggett mdoggett at coas.oregonstate.edu
Thu Feb 6 12:25:12 EST 2003

It has been mentioned before, but I thought I would resurrect this
issue.

Problem:  Using Grass5.0, we cannot resize the Xwindow monitor created
using d.mon.

Background:

- We just upgraded to Grass5.0.x finally after many years of hanging
onto Grass4.3!  Grass4.3 did not have this problem, you could resize the
window monitor all you wanted (just be sure to do d.erase and redraw the
screen).

- This problem occurs using CDE in Solaris8 on a Sun workstation, and
using RedHat Linux 8.0 on an Intel workstation.

Questions:

1.	Any resolution for this issue?  Is it a system setting or will
Grass5.0 simply not allow you to resize the window?
2.	Several people have reported a "d.resize" command.  I find no
evidence of a d.resize.the command doesn't exist!  Any explanation for
this?

Without the ability to resize the montor window, it will be very
difficult to simply jump into Grass5.  Screen real estate is a premium
and window resizing is an important function!

md

Matt Doggett

Spatial Climate Analysis Service

Oregon State University