[GRASSLIST:5567] Re: i.composite problem: gives minmax 1:1, grass5

Philipp Molzer phil at molzer.net
Sun Feb 16 12:10:36 EST 2003

That did the trick!
Now with
    IMG=294.JPG
    d.rgb red=${IMG}.3 green=${IMG}.2 blue=${IMG}.1
g.rgb now produces a very nice looking image.  Just what I wanted.

i.composite now also works, so the d.rgb must have been a prerequisite
for that.

However, the image
quality of the composite as displayed with d.rast, is not as good as
that from d.rgb.  I tried color levels
between 10 and 40 for i.composite, none of which produces an image with
the subtle gradation of colors
displayed by d.rgb.  My computer really bogs down at 40 color levels.

Is it possible to produce a composite raster file with visual quality
the same as that from d.rgb?

thanks,
Phil