[GRASSLIST:5594] Re: r.in.hdf

Glynn Clements glynn.clements at virgin.net
Tue Feb 18 09:56:52 EST 2003

Kenlo Nishida wrote:

> But I do not see why GRASS did not set LD_LIBRARY_PATH automatically
> for GDAL. Anyway, I added this export command to
> /usr/local/bin/grass5, hence I do not have to care about it any
> more. But if anybody know why this happened, I would like to ask.

The etc/Init.sh script adds GRASS' lib directory to LD_LIBRARY_PATH.
If you put libgdal there, no further changes are required. Also, if
you set the environment variable GDAL_HOME to the directory where
libgdal resides, that should also work.

If you put libgdal in e.g. /usr/local/lib, you have to either:

a) add /usr/local/lib to /etc/ld.so.conf (if it isn't already there),
then run "ldconfig" to update the shared library database, or

b) add /usr/local/lib to LD_LIBRARY_PATH (there are more ways to do
this than can reasonably be described here).