[GRASSLIST:5633] v.digit remove block display

cheg01 at attbi.com cheg01 at attbi.com
Fri Feb 21 13:47:52 EST 2003

On my machine, v.digit is very slow when removing a block of lines. If I
minimize the v.digit window after selecting the block it completes many
times faster. It seems that most of the time is spent removing individual
lines from the display one by one. I would prefer that the program delete
all of the selected lines and redraw the display once. Looking at the code
for v.digit, I see a switch in the "customize" menu that toggles a variable
called "Remove_Draw", defined with the comment /* Display Block removes vs.
redrawing screen */. However, the menu item for this is commented out in
menu.i. Does anyone know why the Remove_Draw switch is disabled?