[GRASSLIST:5648] Creating elevation from an Adobe Illustrator file

Kurt Springs ferret_bard at mac.com
Sun Feb 23 17:17:27 EST 2003

Hi,

I am new to the list and still learning to use GRASS.  I am running it on
Darwin on an OS X 10.2.4 operating system on an Apple Macintosh.  I also use
several Adobe programs like Illustrator.  I have a map I would like to
digitize, but do not have a digitizing tablet.  Would it be possible to scan
the section of the map I need and use it as a template to trace the contours
in Illustrator, and from that file create the contour map with the various
elevations?  I eventually want to create a 3D map with this.

Kurt D. Springs
Archaeology post-grad at NUI Galway