[GRASSLIST:5667] Re: help with R

John Dougherty jwd at softcom.net
Tue Feb 25 19:19:03 EST 2003

On Tuesday 25 February 2003 07:17, Carlos Henrique Grohmann de Carvalho wrote:
> Hello all.
>

> I need to do some statistical analysis of some morphological map I
> produced, so I installed R and GRASS-R interface.
>
> What I need should be simple: for each map (about six maps), I want general
> stats (mean, quartiles, variance...), histogram, and them compare maps two
> at a time with scatter plots and linear regression.
>
> the problem is that I'm lost with R.
>
> Does anyone know a simple tutorial, a step-by-step kind of thing,
> explanning how to get the data from grass and them use it into R?

There are several sources for information on R.  Most information on S+ for
instance will be pertinent.  Two published sources respecting R are An
Introduction to R by Venables, Smith and the R Development Team.  Another is
Introductory Statistics with R by Dalgaard.  There is also some extensive
discussion in Open Source GIS: A GRASS GIS Approach by Marcus Neteler and
Helena Mitasova.

John Dougherty