[GRASSLIST:5663] Re: help with R

Roger Bivand Roger.Bivand at nhh.no
Tue Feb 25 12:35:48 EST 2003

On Tue, 25 Feb 2003, Carlos Henrique Grohmann de Carvalho wrote:

> Hello all.
>

> I need to do some statistical analysis of some morphological map I produced,
> so I installed R and GRASS-R interface.
>
> What I need should be simple: for each map (about six maps), I want general
> stats (mean, quartiles, variance...), histogram, and them compare maps two
> at a time with scatter plots and linear regression.
>
> the problem is that I'm lost with R.
>
> Does anyone know a simple tutorial, a step-by-step kind of thing, explanning
> how to get the data from grass and them use it into R?

A gentle guide for R itself from http://cran.r-project.org/other-docs.html
is: "A Guide for the Unwilling S User" by Patrick Burns, where S is a
general name for R or S-PLUS. There are plenty of others there. For
getting the raster layers from GRASS to R, please see the help page of the
interface function rast.get() - type help(rast.get) at the R prompt after
http://grass.itc.it/statsgrass/grass_r_interface.html, and on its link to
"Learning R".

Good luck!

Roger