[GRASSLIST:5690] Unrectified DXF importation

Dr. Mohamad Firuz Ramli firuz at fsas.upm.edu.my
Fri Feb 28 02:42:09 EST 2003

Dear list

Thanks  to Sandro for helping me in my first problems
with dxf data.

I have another problems.

I try to import unrectified dxf layer. I manage to do it.
However when I did the transformation using v. transform,
it shows the transformation process with the residual value.
But when I tried to display the rectified dxf. It did not show anything.

I followed the procedure in Neteler and Mitasova's book but I encounter
a problem such as above.

This is the procedure that I did.

v.in.dxf -a dxf=vmap.dxf prefix=vmap      --to import dxf data into ascii

I want to import road layer inside vmap

 v.in.ascii in=vmap.road out=vmap_roadxy
v.support vmap_roadxy
g.region -p vect=vmap_roadxy
d.erase
d.vect vmap_roadxy

I managed to display the vmap_roadxy layer on the screen and identify four gcpoints
in x and y coordinates and its location on the map for the real coordinates and
save in in ASCII table point as roadgcp

After that

v.transform in=vmap_road out=vmap_roadtrans point=roadgcp    (as in Neteler and Mitasova book)

ERROR:Could not find input vector vmap_road

After that I change the input to the one that I convert to binary file

v.transform in=vmap_roadxy out=vmap_roadtrans point=roadgcp

The map is transformed with the residual value
Transformation is complete

v.support vmap_roadtrans

g.region -p vect=vmap_roadtrans

However, it shows that the region of vmap_roadtrans is similar
to the one that of original or unrectified.

However,  I tried

d.vect vmap_roadtrans

but nothing coming out.

Could anyone please help me in this matter.

Thanks in advance

Firuz