[GRASSLIST:5694] Re: Filling a polygon using a "bucket with color"

Miha STAUT mihastaut at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 28 07:48:15 EST 2003

>     I have an area described by several lines and I need to find a
>function which is similar to "spilling a color". From a given point I need
>to set all surrounding points to have some speicifed value/category until
>reaches wall(borders) from lines.
>
>     The border is defined by non-zero values, other values are zero (of
>course I can change it if needed). Any idea?
>
>     This method is used in almost all graphical programs, but I need to
>use some GRASS method because of non-interactivity.
>
>                Thanks for help

Time ago I was asking pretty much the same thing (see yourslf). Well a guy
replied me but I do not rememer what was the resolution to the problem. I
remember you had to do some kind of editing in the category files. Try to
find the answer in the mailing list archive.

Miha Staut

http://op.gfz-potsdam.de/GRASS-List/Archive/msg08130.html