[GRASSLIST:5261] Re: draping vectors in NVIZ

Nick Cahill ndcahill at facstaff.wisc.edu
Fri Jan 3 09:11:13 EST 2003

The problem is odder than that, though. The spikes project
horizontally, not just vertically, and are much longer than any
possible difference in height between cells. And looked at up close,
they really are spikes projecting from an otherwise pretty intelligible
circle. I think it must be related to relative sizes and resolutions:
I'm using a 90 m DEM, draping a Landsat TM image at 30 m resolution
onto that, but some of the circles are on the order of 100 m or
smaller, and they are made up of 360 smaller vectors - so it's trying
to draw very small vectors over a very coarse DEM. I haven't been able
to figure out whether they're coming off where two cells meet in the
DEM, or something like that. I've had no problems draping vectors over
a 1-meter or 2-meter DEM.  I really suspect this is a bug in NVIZ.

Thanks,

Nick Cahill