[GRASSLIST:5320] Re: Compiling grass5.0.0

Sjors jkwast at freeler.nl
Thu Jan 16 10:43:08 EST 2003

Hi Glynn,

I'm sorry, my question of yesterday seemed premature. I've compiled
grass5.0.0 now with postgres and ODBC on Redhat8.0 with gcc3.2 and it's
working. Did not test all the modules, but the most seem to work.
I've also downloaded the eperimental HEAD source. Is it possible to just
extract the grid3d modules, compile them and then insert them into
normal grass code?? Or should I just remove the normal code and compile
the HEAD version?? I trust that HEAD code is stable enough for normal
modules and work, or is it still very buggy?

Another question is to do with the binaries. If I'm correct it's not
possible to build a rpm with postgres and ODBC. At least with installing
the binaries, they're never there.  This is because I want to try and
build rpm's at least for my own system (in general later) so installing
grass5 won't take so much time. If it's to complex to anwser don't go
through the trouble, I will experiment on my own and see. I will go on
testing the normal code for now.

thanks and greetings

Sjors