[GRASSLIST:5360] Importing TIFF files

Edwards LindaEdwards at cinci.rr.com
Thu Jan 23 16:17:20 EST 2003

Hope you can help
I have been experiencing difficulties trying to import TIFF files.  I
use GRASS version 5 and have tried using both r.in.gdal and r.in.tiff.
The TIFF files were generated in Freehand 9.0 (and since it didn't
work)  then in Adobe Photo Deluxe - the error message indicated they
were unsupported files.  (I have tried 8-bit and 24-bit - neither
worked.)   I have had success in importing other TIFF files generated
from scanned documents and in importing geoTIFF files.
One other note - while the TIFF files were generated in Freehand/Adobe -
the files were originally Autocad version9 files.
Thanks
Linda