[GRASSLIST:5367] Re: r.in.gdal and AVHRR

Andrey Kiselev dron at at1895.spb.edu
Fri Jan 24 06:02:53 EST 2003

Gustavo,

> 	I've downloaded an AVHRR image (level 1B) from NOAA (www.saa.noaa.gov) and I want to import it into GRASS.
> 	According to the list of image formats that r.in.gdal handles it is possible. However, when I try the program doesn't recognize it as a valid image format. How can I tell r.in.gdal which is the image format?

If you really have GDAL v. 1.1.8 and you fail again, please, contact me
directly. I will need a sample of the problematic file to locate the
problem.

You may run

$ gdal-config --version

to get a GDAL version number and

$ gdal-config --formats

to get a list of formats supported by your GDAL binary (you should
search for 'l1b' item).

--
Andrey V. Kiselev
Scientific Research Center for Ecological Safety Russian Academy of Sciences